In today’s cosmetic beauty industry there are a host of cosmetic fillers and other injectables available for treatment. This can be a bit overwhelming—especially if you aren’t sure that dermal fillers are right for you. Have no fear—the purpose of this blog is to break down the spectacular fillers available right here at our Westchester medical spa, so that you can start to determine which filler may be right for you.
Let’s take a look at the different types of fillers available at SkinCenter, including hyaluronic acid-based fillers, calcium-based fillers, and Sculptra, the injectable that encourages your body’s natural collagen-production over time…
Westchester’s Best Hyaluronic Acid-Based Dermal Fillers
- Are you concerned about volume-loss in your face and/or lips?
- Do you want to restore what was once smooth-looking skin or redefine certain facial features without surgical intervention?
- Would you prefer to receive treatment with a dermal filler composed of a substance that already exists naturally within your body?
If you answered “yes” to any of the above questions, one of SkinCenter’s hyaluronic acid dermal fillers may be for you…
Time, gravity, sun damage, and smoking can all lead to changes in facial texture. Alongside these culprits lies another significant variable that causes change in loss of volume to the face—hyaluronic acid. This naturally-produced substance influences skin elasticity. Over time, the body begins to lose hyaluronic acid—resulting in profound folds and creases in areas like the sides of the nose and mouth (aka “parentheses lines” and “marionette lines”).
Restylane works to restore your body’s natural levels of hyaluronic acid so that you can regain your youthful appearance. There are several types of Restylane injectables available for use at Westchester’s Best SkinCenter:
- Restylane Lyft is the first and only hyaluronic acid filler FDA-approved for treating both the face and the hands. Correct volume loss, treat wrinkles, and enjoy fuller looking skin in your face and hands in just one treatment!
This safe and effective dermal filler is proven to restore volume to the back of the hands for up to 6 months and the midface area for up to 12 months. Additionally, Restylane Lyft can be used to correct nasolabial folds for up to 6 months, respectively. (source: https://www.restylaneusa.com/restylane-lyft).
- Restylane Defyne is a great option for those looking to effectively smooth out moderate-to-severe laugh lines on either side of the nose and the corners of the mouth. Its XpresHAn Technology™ restores your youthful appearance with a hyaluronic acid dermal gel that keeps your expressions looking natural—so you can interact with family, friends, and the world while looking authentically you!
- Similar to Restylane Defyne, Restylane Refyne is a next generation dermal filler composed of hyaluronic acid dermal gel. So, what’s the difference between Defyne and Refyne? Restylane Refyne is used to correct mild-to-moderate lines and wrinkles, whereas Restylane Defyne is better suited for more moderate and severe lines and wrinkles.
- Both of these long-lasting dermal fillers have been shown to last up to 12 months. In a clinical study conducted between the two fillers, 97% of subjects were satisfied with their treatment results and would receive treatment with Restylane Refyne or Restylane Defyne again. Moreover, 95% of subjects stated that they would recommend the treatments to a friend!*
- Restylane Silk is the first FDA-approved filler specifically created for use in and around the lips in patients aged 21 and older. If you’re experiencing issues with your lips related to loss of shape or volume, Restylane Silk may be the cosmetic filler for you! This product is formulated with smaller, smoother hyaluronic acid particles than those found in other Restylane products—allowing it to restore volume in and around the lips with natural-looking results. Whether you’re looking to increase the size of the lips, define the shape of the lips, or decrease the appearance of vertical lines around the lips, Restylane Silk is likely the perfect filler for you!
Book your confidential, no-obligation consultation to determine if Restylane is right for you!
Juvederm XC is a dermal filler that adds volume to the face using naturally-occurring hyaluronic acid found in the body. This product restores lost volume beneath the surface of facial skin without the use of surgery.
Juvederm Voluma XC is designed to lift and contour the cheek area. If you’re concerned by flattened, sagging cheeks – or what experts refer to as “age-related midface volume loss” – Juvederm Voluma XC may be for you. Treatment incudes the use of lidocaine gel to create the optimal sense of comfort for injection. Voluma XC provides natural looking results that have the potential to last for up to two years with ideal treatment.
Juvederm Volbella XC is an injectable gel created specifically for use in the lips, as well as to correct lines around the mouth referred to as “lipstick lines”or “smoker’s lines”. Like Voluma XC, Volbella XC includes the use of the numbing agent lidocaine in order to reduce sensitivity and provide ultimate comfort during treatment. With optimal treatment, our clients often see Volbella XC results last up to one year.
Schedule your confidential, no-obligation consultation to determine if Juvederm is the right filler for you!
Belotero is another type of hyaluronic acid-based filler approved by the FDA to correct facial folds and wrinkles. What’s so great about this dermal filler is that it adapts to the unique make-up of your skin. That’s right, Belotero is specifically designed to navigate your individual facial contours to effectively soften lines and wrinkles around the eyes, mouth, and nose. Belotero is soft enough to target fine lines and wrinkles without penetrating too deeply into the dermis layer of the skin.
Belotero is a great filler option for those looking to treat superficial fine lines, smile lines, crow’s feet, nasolabial folds, or vertical lines around the mouth.
Schedule your SkinCenter consultation today to determine if Belotero is the right filler for you!
Calcium-Based Dermal Filler: Radiesse
Like the hyaluronic acid-based dermal fillers previously mentioned, Radiesse works to diminish facial wrinkles and folds. However, Radiesse is a calcium-based dermal filler that provides quick-acting correction while simultaneously encouraging your body’s natural collagen production. The result? An immediately younger-looking you with a treatment outcome that continues to improve over time.
Radiesse is FDA-approved for use in the face and the hands. According to a study published by Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery®, the hands reveal a person’s age almost as much as the face can, “After the face, hands are the second most visible, tell-tale sign of one’s age. If your goal is to look more youthful or you are bothered by the appearance of your hands, you may seriously want to consider hand rejuvenation.”
To rejuvenate the skin on the hands and face with fast results that often last longer than one year, look no further than Westchester’s Best SkinCenter.
Book your consultation today to see if Radiesse is the best filler option for you!
Sculptra: Increase Skin Elasticity & Volumize Your Skin by Stimulating the Body’s Natural Collagen Production
Unlike the fillers we mentioned thus far, Sculptra is a a bio-stimulator and works to volumize the skin by stimulating the body’s natural collagen-production mechanisms. This method effectively restores a youthful-appearance to the face—leaving it looking fuller, naturally. Results from Sculptra continue to improve gradually over time and can last more than two years!
Because Sculptra works by encouraging the body’s collagen-production over time, the best Sculptra candidates understand that results only get better with time. Additionally, the best naturally-occurring results may require several visits.
Book your consultation today to find out of Sculptra is the best filler option for you!
Contact Us Today!
As “Best of Westchester” for over a decade, SkinCenter only offers the most effective fillers to our clientele in the Westchester area. Contact us today to find out which dermal filler is right for you!
New At SkinCenter
Tags: Belotero, Best of Westchester, collagen, crow's feet, facial wrinkles, Fine lines, Hyaluronic Acid-Based Dermal Fillers, Juvederm Volbella XC, Juvederm Voluma XC, Juvederm XC, natural collagen production, Radiesse, Restylane, Restylane Defyne, Restylane Lyft, Restylane Refyne, Restylane Silk, Sculptra, skin care, Skin Rejuvenation, smile lines, volume loss face, volume loss lips, Westchester medical spa, Westchester Skin Care